New Dental Technologies
Following are just some of the technologies available to you:
- Digital X-ray System: Digital x-rays are the latest technological advancement at Dental Professionals. This great innovation substantially reduces your exposure to radiation from X-rays, by up to 90% compared to traditional film based X-rays.A digital x-ray allows the dentist to take an image of the tooth or teeth and put it into an imaging program and that it produces images that can be viewed immediately by you and your dentist.
- Intra-Oral Cameras: Intraoral Camera is an ideal communication tool that delivers precise, true-to-life images with each shot.These cameras provide the visual evidence needed to educate patients for more accurate diagnosis. An excellent means of allowing the patient to view potential dental conditions in their own mouth.
- Rotary Endodontics : Rotary Endodontics is a type of root canal procedure that employs precise technology to smoothly remove infection from the root canal of a tooth. It is mostly used for teeth with minor root canal infections, or when treating a regularly-shaped root canal.
Additionally, the process is usually faster since the endodontist does not have to change instrumentation to perform the roor canal or remove the infection by hand. The patient may even notice that the infection removal process feels smoother than traditional root canal treatment.
- Dental Lasers: Waterlase Dentistry uses laser energy and a gentle spray of water to perform a wide range of dental procedures – without the heat, vibration and pressure associated with the dental drill. With many procedures, it’s possible to use less anesthetic, and often no anesthetic at all. A Waterlase Dentist can remove decay far more precisely than a dentist using a drill.This saves more of the healthy parts of your tooth.
- Oral Cancer Screening ( IDENTAFI SYSTEM): Because the signs and symptoms of oral cancer are often missed by the naked eye. Identafi® with its Identafi® technology allows those on the front line of detection to do just that - identify biochemical and morphological changes in cells of the mouth, throat, tongue and tonsils.Dentists, Hygienists, Periodontists, now have the technology to detect oral cancer earlier and save lives.